Do you struggle with identifying and developing leaders for your small group ministry?
If your ministry is like most, the answer is a resounding “YES!”
Of course, great small group leadership is necessary to expand the boundaries of your ministry and increase its impact!
This week I had the privilege to speak to a group of small group pastors and leaders in the midwest.
During our time together, I shared 6 strategies to maximize leadership development.
While I was talking to small group pastors there, these strategies could be adopted by anyone who wants to further leadership development. Take a look at the slide deck from that talk.
The 6 strategies and the questions they answer are:
- Clarify the win. What constitutes a great leader?
- Cast a compelling vision. Why should someone care?
- Offer development opportunities. How can we train?
- Don’t fill all the holes. What still needs to get done?
- Treat leaders how you want to be treated. Who do I think you are?
- Value leaders. What do we most value?
What can you do to develop more leaders in your ministry?
What else do you recommend for developing leaders?
If you liked this post, you might also like:
Photo Credit: Andre de Jong